Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pins and Needles

I remember when I was little, I had just started sewing and had a new set of metallic sewing pins. I thought they were so pretty, and when no one was looking I snuck off with them to play. I had lots of fun arranging and rearranging them in pretty patterns on my bedroom floor, when suddenly I dropped a handful and six of the pins pricked my hand, making little red dots which swelled into large spots of blood. It hurt so much I wanted to scream, but I silently packed up and sucked my hand to stop the bleeding. Later that night my baby sitter asked what I had done to hurt myself but I kept my silence. Keeping my silence has been a thing with me my whole life, I don't think I could share my innermost secrets even if I wanted too. I even fib in truth or Dare games, I HATE doing truths, but I'll do any Dare.

1 comment:

  1. Silence speaks more than words ever could, and at least when you break the silence it means something...

    ReplyDelete