Thursday, June 16, 2011

Be

I have now been told, by numerous peoples that my blog is weird.

Should I give it up?

The answer is clear, no.

I have been told I'm not going to make it, or, I'm a loser more times than I can count in my life, and if I stepped down from the plate every time someone passed a snide comment, I wouldn't be here at all. I would just be an empty shell, a plastic bag, drifting in the wind.

No, I'm not that good at school. I'm not thin, blonde or beautiful either. I can go to the extremes at either end of the sociality scale, and I can't dance to save my life.

So what should I do?

Should I hang myself? Shut myself in my room and refuse to come out? Turn to drugs to block out the pain?

No.

There are thousands of beautiful, smart, talented people out there.

There are millions of others who are not.

And it is those millions of others that the media targets everyday. We have been brainwashed, and all just so that the big corporations can squeeze a few extra bucks out of us.

Being different doesn't make you a nobody. Thinking or acting differently from others doesn't make you a retard. And everyone has the potential for greatness, just on different scales.

I will not submit, no matter what. Because I am not a rug, and will never, Ever be one.

1 comment: