Thursday, June 16, 2011

Competition (continued)

I walked up the stairs and grinned like a lunatic. You know that moment when you have to walk up for an award, but are dreading it, but when you’re on stage you can't help but smile? Well that’s how I felt, and head held high, I strided on to the stage, happy as Larry. The choir came on to tumulus applause, just wait till they hear out first piece I thought, nearly laughing out loud at the idea! Then the audience went silent and Mister Stewart picked up his conductors baton..........

"JOSEPH"
We yelled, shrieked and sang our hearts out in that wild, crazy song, and the audience, was whispering and nudging the whole time, caught completely off guard. I hope I didn't miss any cues though. The next piece was The Seal Lullaby, a nice, mellow piece about a baby seal. But that made no difference to the amount of applause we got, and at the end of Mai Glochen, the audience were ecstatic (they were for every choir, but it's nicer to think that we got an extra special applause). Then it was over, dinner break, oh joy.

The Cantala girls were going to eat together at a place called the Beijing, and after changing shoes (superman chucks! - which got some nice comments) and into a hoodie, I shouldered my backpack and tagged along with the others. They walk so slowly! I could have walked to Readings in the time they took!

Dinner was weird. I don't really know anyone, so I was just standing around like a loony until I was offered a chair at a table. So why didn't I just sit down anywhere? Well, those girls are all friends with one and other, so I wouldn't want to be a seat snatcher and piss anyone off, would I? Dinner was a merry affair, with, you guessed it, laughing, chatting and goofing around. My table group had lots of fun with the lazy Susan, putting their cell phones on it and spinning it around a few times before snatching them off the still rotating platform. It was fun, but I just read until Molly texted me with her and Francesca’s location, so I shouldered my backpack, and sauntered out of there like it was completely normal to go to dinner, then leave half way through without eating anything. The next twenty minutes was spent chasing Molly and Francesca around town, and we eventually ran into each other outside fix. Then, we proceeded to head on up to the bridge above civic square, and we sat there for a bit before Molly and I set off to the ice cream place, because it closes late on weekdays. The ice-cream was good, but we had to eat as we walked to ensure we got back in time. The gala concert was good. More entertaining acts, only one song from each choir this time, plus, this time I was actually kind of sitting with Cantala. Not really though. Time flew by, and before I knew it, the East choirs were called for warm ups (minus junior choir). It was good. Multi and senior were there, and everyone had a laugh. Then senior went. Then Multi. Then one of the FBI guys came in and said we had better head up there because it the Cantala/multi girls were probably finding it a tad awkward standing up there on stage by themselves, and so smiling away, the lovely girls of Cantala indulged the audience in another performance, and it was fab.

Not the greatest entry, but hey, now I can put more interesting stuff up for you guys to read. Final word from me is a HI to Sherrianna who did not go (you missed out on heaps), and a word from the music prefect Rebecca13 who says that everyone enjoyed themselves. Hope you guys don’t mind me mentioning you in this post (IF you two read this, which I sincerely doubt)
Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment