Friday, June 10, 2011

Cantala, camp, comp', crazyness continued

Cantala Camp came all too soon.

It wasn't long before my bags were packed and the Friday of doom dawned. I had helped to make a macaroni cheese for one of the dinners, and as I retrieved it from the freezer and took it down to the car a million and one worries were racing through my head. Who would I carpool with? Would the mac n cheese taste okay? In which room with whom would I be staying? Will it rain? Should I have taken a second packet of gummy snakes? Should I even have brought along the first?

The whole school day my head was filled with worries. I couldn't concentrate on anything. And when the time came to go and wait with everyone in room one until we left I was practically melting into the floor. It turned out to be not so bad. I just sat in a corner with my bags pretending to read while everyone bustled about, laughing and chatting. I ended up carpooling with Rebecca (the one in my year)and Ayshani. It was okay, but I was mostly staring out the window, counting white cars. In all I saw 276, which proves the theory of white cars always winning 'the car game'. I saw two purple cars and no yellow ones. When we stopped at burger king I stepped eagerly out of the car. We were first there, and so we waited for some others to show up beofre ordering. The other girls (Rebecca, Ayshani, Naidi, Holly, Kervill and some other 'rentals) got burgers I think. Being veggo I just got fries. Yuck. And double yuck. Mcdonals, eeh, KfC, double eesh, burger king, cool furniture! Have you heard about the horrible way that fast food joints treat their animals before slaughter??? More on that later. Oh, and lydia, lilly and the-girl-whose-name-I-can-never-remember were there too I think. So, we all to booths and ate, duh. It was all talk and laugher exept for me, I just read my book. Thank god I hadn't taken anyof my other book I usually read, 'cause on the occasion someone asks me what i'm reading, i'd be like uh....awkies!

By and by the other girls poured into the carpark and stormed the resteraunt. By te time the last of 'em were arriving there wasn't much room to sit, some girls (high ranking, imposing, year 13 girls!!!) asked if they could sit with me and I was like no way jose and skiddadled out of the booth calling over my shoulder "you can have it". If only my friends were there.... So, while I was being a loner and doing a good impression of a floor tile the others were eating, chatting, mucking about and in general having a swell time. Later on some went to check out the playground and others went to check the arcade. Just before we left, one of the cars broke down!!!! The passengers were split up between the other cars which took forever, and this time we were the last car leaving. Seventeen minutes if I remember correctly.
And whoop de doo were were heading onwards, off to mount doom we go!
I stopped the car game after we left burger king. There was lots of interesting stuff out in the dark wilds of *insert name of place here*.  I spent the rest of the journey moodleing, and before I knew it we had passed down a little windy road, signposted *Pine Tree Lakes, ?00m. Then I had a rather good time, listening to the others as they recounted how last year they had gotten lost.

The Homestead itself looked nothing like I expected. It was an old, 1920/30ish style house, and with its pastle yellow and green paintjob, it looked like it belonged. Inside, it was old, little bit tacky, but a really good place to hire out to kids. One in, everyone set about dibsing rooms, Ayshani and I lost Rebecca (younger one) and spent ages looking for her. She had gone upstairs, and bagsied us three beds in 'the quite room'. This room was different from the other rooms, which consisted of square boxes with two sets of wooden bunk beds and one metal bunk bed, plus a little wall cuboard and sometimes a sink. Very little house on the prarie. The upstarirs room however, was a long, oblong shaped room, with single beds all the was along apart from a spacesaver bunk which was second from the door end. The walls were washed a kindof creamy yellow, and the slanted ceeling was white. There were large numbers of spiders, moths, and as we found out later on, ladybugs??? There was a crooked wall trim and a faded old carpet, home sweet home.

Eeep! Yet another really long blog entry! English exams will be my downfall.....
And just for the record, this isn't a pity party, it's just a recount of what happened since I doubt that any of the other girls have blogs. I hate pity parties. Yuck, yuck and tripple yuck.
* Not the real name of the homestead.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Sounds like it was an "Interesting" experience...
    :)
    Kamai6

    ReplyDelete