Friday, June 10, 2011

Cantala, camp, comp', crazyness continued (again) *again)

Sunday. Same old same old, sat with the 13’s and Rebecca, more icky porridge, more reading under the bed. Practice, about the same but, not quite. When I auditioned for the choir, all I wanted was to be in a choir with amazing singers. When I had actually joined Cantata, I was so freaked out of the others that the only thing keeping me on was the thought of Disney land. But there were times, like the time I was asked to sit at Rebecca’s table, and the time everyone said thank you for the gummy worms, that I actually felt happy. The last day of rehearsals was like waves of song, crashing down on the world, glorious and wonderful and overwhelming. It was actually fun. For the first time ever since joining Cantala, Disney land was not my only motive to say in the choir. It was absolutely incredible; I hope that Cantala makes it to the big sing finale. So, we practiced till lunch, rode back on the donkey cart and had lunch. Then, my fear returned in all its glory and I wilted. After lunch there was a clean-up, and a rather interesting but short conversation stared by yours truly about the damage to a human after jumping off the fire escape balcony. Then the 'rentals showed up, my mom was helping out with carpooling to she was there too, and we dropped Susanna, Niamh and Ayshani home.
Amazingly enough, the car was not completely trashed, so I was happy. To make it even better we stopped for ice-cream on the way home. I had mint choc chip, Susanna had Jaffa, Niamh had rocky road and Ayshani either had peanut butter or hokeypokey. It wasn’t the best time, but dissected into little bits there were parts I enjoyed. Line tag. Niamh and Lilly playing their ukuleles and singing. Riding the donkey cart. I’m never going to fit in but there will always be fun times to be had.

AvatarKid Signing off, peace J

2 comments:

  1. Hey. STOP WHINGING ABOUT NOT FITTING IN! You are awesome where ever you are! <3
    :)
    Kamai6

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not looking for a pity party, apologies if it comes across that way :)

    ReplyDelete