Saturday, January 7, 2012

Anywhere but Here.

How can it be, that a person can become so overwhelmingly sad, that they wish they were dead?

How hard it, really, to feel so despairingly crushed that you wished that you'd never been born?

That's me.
Why oh why can it not be that we can simply wish ourselves out of existance?

It's too much.

Please, no more.

No more dark thoughs, no more crushing shame. No more food, no more horrid whispers and stares, no more tears. No more loss, no more hurt.

Please, lord, take me to that sunny place in the sky in which I can feel your love and be one of your blessed children; send me to the fiery depths of hell, the fields of asphodel; anywhere but here.

If you truly love me, lord, let me walk this earth no longer.

Allow me to rest, take this crushing sphere of sadness from my shoulders.

Lay my body to rest down in the cool earth and whisk my soul elsewhere.
Anywhere.

I have tried to be a good person, truly.
And it is said you love your adopted children as much as your own.

Please, lord.
Take me as your daughter, and let me leave this earth.

If the only other option is to be whisked into non-existence, 
then so be it.

And if you will not lift me from this world,
give me the courage to do it for myself.

I beg of you to send me elsewhere;
Anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment