Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Forgetting YOU

I want to forget them.
Every last one of them.
And all the bad memories in which they are contained,
and I associate with them.

I want to forget haystack puppy and groovy girl,
hasystack for the shame
and groovy for the loss.

I want to forget that I ever joined Cantala,
I want to forget the names and habits of all fortysomething girls;
I want to be unknown to them,
and them to me;
to go back to watching them from the corner of the hall,
feeling humbled and awed by their beautiful sound.

I want to forget so many people,
so many times;
it would be a blessing, to forget.

I hate remembering times others have forgotten,
the good and the bad.

I don't even know why I'm writing this,
I also want to forget that I have a blog.

I want to forget,
but the more I remember,
the longer they'll stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment