Saturday, January 7, 2012

That floating feeling....

Who am I?
Really?

Watching water droplets trickling down the window pane,
the shiny silver orbs mirroring those clinging desperately to my own face.

Inky Fingers trace the same words over and over again,
and beethoven plays softly in the background.

The cold comes
creeping from the darkest corners of the room,
it entangles my feet and trickles down my spine.

Doubt,
ensnares my mind.

Doubt mingled with confusion, loss and an almost unbearable sadness.

I feel trapped.

Trapped in walls of my own design and making.

Pixilated monsters dance across my vision.
The real melts, and suddenly I'm shrinking
Faces blur and objects disappear on touch.

Screaming at someone to throw a line, but who?

Seeing what isn't
disbelieving what is.

Running from destiny,
abandoning hope,
to chase a shadow across the amber skyline

Of sky-tower city.

No comments:

Post a Comment