Saturday, January 21, 2012

to lose what was never there

I've lost my muse.

In this world of tears and paper-cuts, my muse is all I have.
Or, should I say HAD; for now it is depressingly absent.

"No muse, no life,
words a jumble.
It drives me nuts to hear you mumble"

I used to blog everyday, but my creative essence has utterly deserted me.

The ink has run dry and the shaft has snapped in a bajillion pieces.

The sun has not just hidden behind a cloud, it has disappeared entirely, and my black sky now has no twilight.

Ches watches over me no longer.

The doll maker is coming, with all his ruins; I am to be destroyed from within before I've even started.

Rainbow girl is not at the tea party, yet I mourn her expected absence.

And it is time for the final shock, when the sweet clink of coins is heard.

But the screen blocks my view of the mirror, so which do I exchange for the other?

I am lost,
and falling.

Falling out of madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment