Sunday, January 8, 2012

JellyPig

His innocent smile caught me by surprize.

And for more than twelve seconds, I thought it would be okay.

But I should have know it was too good to be true.

 And now I am here,

Huddled amoung the shrubs,
and fire-ants
silently sobbing

tears mingle with dirt and rain,
they plink noiselessly to the ground.

A shuddering jelly blob.
Wibble wobble your way to mumsie, jelly girl; the shadows seem to whisper,
go have a cuddle, mumsie will make fat girl feel happy again

And we all know what that means.

I'll go from jelly girl to glutinous pig girl,
stuffing my face and snorting.

Like a pig. A pig in a wig.
A big, fat, zitty pig girl.

"Babies like fat" Abileen said.
Oh yeah?
Well, if babies like fat, then why am I not the one playing with the baby?
Why am I the one shoved out of the picture?
"Move out of the way, we want some photos of your sister with the baby"

Too fat to fit anything other than a large,
too big to fit into a girls tee shirt.
Too ogresque to fit into a popular circle, not for ten minutes.

And so I sit.
Wishing I was dead
With tears streaming down my cheeks
before falling into the empty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment