Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fleeing from Themselves.

Every where I go,
I can see you,
I can see your laughter,
as your features twist into a cruel sneer,
and your scowl at me from afar.

Looking all around,
words pounding in my head,
not good enough, you whisper.

From this hole in the ground,
everyone seems taller, more perfect.

A burning shame,
rising up and shrinking me down to the size of a gnat.

The stinging sensation of tears, tears that refuse to fall.

Windows distorting my largeness,
contorting my features into those of a monster.

No amount of money can fix this,
no amount of make-up can hide the truth.

In my mind, they come.

Pitch-fork wielding, axe brandishing, yelling, screaming pretties.

GO AWAY they tell me.
GET OUT. YOU WILL NEVER BE ACCEPTED HERE.

They have the faces of those who I know wish this in their hearts,
so I turn around
and flee.

No comments:

Post a Comment