Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dear SDL

This is the post, I wish I had the courage to post on SDL.

but I won't

Because it's so dumb. Very Dumb.

Dear SDL,
my battle with perfection, is battle with myself.
everyday, I look in the mirror and see someone who will never be good enough. Who will never look the part. Who has no talent. Whether I'm looking into the mirror or not my head is crowded with unpleasant thoughts, and I let these thoughts control me, and my life. The worst part is, I've read these other comments, and they are so much bigger than mine, I feel like a small, weak, insignificant person because my troubles are nothing to theirs. I'm ashamed I don't cut myself, and that I don't have the courage to die. I'm ashamed that all my family and friends see is a happy, bouncing girl with great grades and a really busy extra-curricular calendar. I hate that I eat so much, and can never stick to being anorexic, or bulimic. The worst part is, that even after reading this post, I'm probably going to continue in the same downwards spiral I've been going in for a while. But thanks, SDL, for giving other people courage. Courage is something we need more of in the world.

2 comments:

  1. GrrrrrrrrrrR!
    You are brilliant... stop belittling yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al, you're the only one who thinks that at the moment

    ReplyDelete