Sunday, December 11, 2011

Glass Bubbles

Back of the bus,
kneeling on the seat,
laughing and waving at staring faces that drive by.

I counted five yellow cars, one rainbow life-preserver and about a million people in formal black business suits.

I saw a truck with a disco ball hanging off the mirror, and a garden full of orange daisies.

I saw some cool things you don't normally see, like a car with it's number plate screwed on the right hand side of the bumper, and a giant rainbow umbrella.

It was also reassuring to see some things I see everyday, the few things which remain constant in our ever changing world;
I counted three give way signs and the 'no trucks' sign with a huge dent in it is still hanging off it's lamp-post by one bolt. Apparently THAT driver couldn't read.

The flowers at Central park are in full bloom;

the bright pink,
                      blue
                            and orange flowers
splash some colour on this grey, rainy day.

A little blue car followed the bus nearly all the way to Brooki Ville.

I saw an abandoned bank and counted eight Christmas trees and a tee shirt with the phrase : now panic and freak out on it.

I saw an ambulance and a police car,
the green ropes at the back of the bus were fraying.

I watched the world go by though my glass bubble and found peace in the mundane.

Couldn't every day be like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment