Thursday, December 15, 2011

Worthless.

I don't know what to write.

I expect you are all bored of the tears, and the sorrow; the pain and the anger.

But honestly, that's all I have left now.

Well, almost. I do have a pair of stripey socks.

But socks do not make the world a better place.

Socks do not make me a great singer.

Socks cannot take away that regret and frustration that is with me for every hour of every day.

Nor, can these socks erase my guilt, and the memories that accompany it.

Socks don't change the fact, that today I put the 'thetic' in pathetic.

I turned up all right, but I was too scared.
Too scared of what you might know.

 So there wasn't enough sound, smiles or spirit.
And disband, we did.

And then, after wandering around aimlessly,
in circles,
I went to the library,
and bled my the rest of the morning away.

But in the subway,
it was the worst of all.

A smile was choked down,
a mouth opened, but no sound came out.

I was too afraid.
Afraid of what might be.

Afraid of what now will be.
I may never be perfect, not like you.
But this shouldn't stop me from being part of the team.

So tears were swallowed.
Regret was found.
And my life
became
worthless.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for stripy socks! They are really cool, focus on the positive! :)

    ReplyDelete