Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Left Behind

I'll never learn, will I?

Oh, it's okay, I get it.

You just don't want me around.

I don't get how I am any less annoying than the others,

But you seem to think I am, so okay.

I guess I miss interpreted you friendly gestures,

as a small token, not of friendship, not of companionship, but allyship;
if there is even such a word.

But, you see,  the human being is a complex peice of machinery,

unbelievably delicate,
and oh so unpredictable.

And I am one of those all-or-nothing people,

so, just for next time,

I don't appreciate being 'led on'

I don't appreciate being told false hoods

and I especially don't appreciate being pushed away.

I am a girl, not a doll.

So don't be friendly,
don't be compassionate,
I don't appreciate your kindness

because at the end of the day, I'll still end up being left behind.

Be as cold as you want,
yell at me even.

I could never hurt,
as much
as being left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment