Friday, December 16, 2011

Like 'You'

I hate being...like this.

If someone saw any one of 'you',
crying,

they'd take pity.
stop.
ask, what's wrong?

But if I was crying, or sad,
with my abominable snowman build,
and ogresque features,

they'd step away,
in disgust
and horror.

utterly repelled.

If you did well in school,
maybe won a prize,

you photo

would be in the school paper

But for unlike you,
Their top achievement would be getting their name in the school paper.

It is shallow, stupid and strange of me to think this way.
But think this way I do.
and I'd give absolutely anything,

to be a little more
like you.

2 comments:

  1. Why be like someone else when you can be like you? You are brilliant and funny and have such a warm heart... That is how I see you, if you see yourself differently then pick your favorite way of being and make yourself happy.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant? Warm Heart? and....funny?

    I'm not funny, I'm neeky.

    People don't laugh with me, they usually laugh AT me or there's just this awkweird silence.

    Cheers for saying that though, if it makes you happy I'll try be a little less pathetic

    ReplyDelete