Thursday, December 15, 2011

Post in Advance

As I lie on my side,
watching the flags flutter,
listening to the hum of the refrigerator,
and slowly falling into the grasp of Morpheus,

I can't help but wonder,
is there more?

Already it is Friday,
but I am still doing the same old routine I have been following since the beginning of time.

The same people need presents wrapped,
the lawns still need mowed,
and I am still watching the flickering lights of the next door neighbors telly on my bedroom wall.

I repeat myself, over and over, like a broken record.


"Eat less use less, and all we got is, dead disco, dead funk..."

The words of the song come to me,
seemingly from nowhere,
and vanish just as quickly.

But now the inspiration is gone, and I'm all for getting some sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment