Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Year Book

I look at what you wrote, and smile.

Sometimes I laugh.

Other times, I'm on the verge of tears.

It's nice to know that you actually wrote little messages for me,
despite the fact you probably don't mean what you said,
I feel included and part of something when I read them.

Many of them are unoriginal, but this matters not,
as I burble away like a loony.

One of the funniest things is that many of you spelled my name wrong.

Something that does puzzle me,
is why so many of you signed off with xoxo. 
It must be some big girly girl secret or trend I'm not entitled to know.

But the best thing is,
because you took a little of your precious time,
and signed my book,
I'll never forget you.

Not ever,

and one day,
when you've forgotten me
I can still look back,

and remember

1 comment: