Thursday, December 29, 2011

Miss Me?

Time just keeps on going.

She keeps on suceeding,
And I continue to fail.

Not for the first time, I begin to wonder, would I be missed?

When I was little, I'd stop singing in choir, just to see whether anyone would notice.
I tried it again in more recent years, and surprise surprise, no one noticed a thing.

And why should they? I'm nearly fifteen, I shouldn't need a baby sitter.

No, I don't need a baby sitter.
But it would be nice, to hear some more from my friends.

I don't think I'm attention seeker,
but it is nice, to have the dark voices in my head,
drowned out by the paper burble of someone else.

To listen to others prattle on, about their lives,
it's reassuring, to hear that the world keeps on turning.

But it comes back to that first question.
And I've come to the conclusion that no, I wouldn't be missed.

Like the shallow, paper girl prattle of my so called 'friends',
the world would stay its same paper thin, over populated self.

I don't think anyone would notice, if I didn't come back, on the first day of term.

Sure, they'd find out in choir, but we only need 26 to compete, and 31 is an odd number anywho.

Al would miss me, so would T, and Lucky.
But my parents? They don't even try to get to know me, we all pretend it's fine and dandy, but I'm not trying to hide that I'm socially inept, overwight and slipping in school.

Heck, after all they've tried to teach me about reducing, my paper thin mother has just gone and bought a new TV "Because I want a bigger screen"

If you blew up my school, or even took one girl from each class, it wouldn't have any impact what so ever! What do I give back to the world? What do the others?

When you remember that the only point of a human is to reproduce, life seems futile.

insignificant.
pointless.

Our planet's resources are stretched to breaking point.
"Over populated' in a understatement.

So maybe I can help,
but making the population
one less.

No comments:

Post a Comment