Saturday, December 3, 2011

Unfair

I know it is wrong of me

But every time I see you, something breaks inside.

And I find it hard to breathe.

I want to melt into the floor, become invisible

Because no matter how hard I try, I will never be one of you

Pretty, tall, talented, with perfect make up, clothes and hair.

You can dance, sing, act and you aren't that bad at science either.

Everyone always told me that girls like you are a minority,
so how is it that you all ended up at the same school.

Head down, feet shuffling along the floor, words barely whispered; that or I'm yelling like some kind of S.N.U kid

Around you, I feel judged, unperfect, fugly, useless, clumsy;
this list could go on and on.

But you don't know how shy I feel, how scared I am, you probably just think I'm unfriendly;
or just plain dumb.

And yet you like....THEM
The other girls just like me.
Except for one thing,

These girls actually reach out to you, and you reach back

I wouldn't want to be stuck with them in a million years if I was like you,
is it that they are beautiful inside and I am not?

It's true, that whenever you talk to me, or I'm around my friends, I seem like a kid you'd never, ever want to talk to.

But inside, or by myself, not on auto pilot, I am very different.

I guess you just can't see past the mirrored surface.

 Please,
Let me try again,

Please,
say something to me;

anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment