Friday, December 23, 2011

Group One Gone

I can't believe, that I'm never going to see you again.

It's strange to think that,
we're not really a team anymore,

And that things are going to go back to the way they were.

I am once again the ball girl,
and you are once again the A team football players.

I can't believe that we're never going to sing together,
not really,
It's going to go back with me muttering in the background.

It's weird to think that my days of chasing the pack back and forth over the pedestrian crossing are over, as are the days of narrowly missing each other in the park.

 Gone are the beautiful, powerful waves of song that we crashed down on the city,
gone is the awesome sound made in those long, summer hours.

While it's true,
that I'm not going to miss those cold, lonely, unimaginably dull afternoons in the library,
I will miss being a part of something.

Part of that something that was -until recently- group one.

I'm going to remember this summer forever, I hope.
Because though the last two weeks have been the worst two weeks of my life,
they've also been,
by far,
the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment